Dr. Seuss Dress Up

I've been getting some {little} dress-ups ready in preparation for some games and other activities we're doing to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday on March 2nd.

Here's our Cat in the Hat costume look so far (the kids will be making their own hats)

{This little project} is courtesy the invention box.

I got this red bag with a purchase recently and loved the color so much that I couldn't throw it out (I know-that probably means I'm weird!) so I put it in our invention box instead.  I'm so glad I did because it is perfect for our Cat in the Hat bow ties!


I simply cut it along the seams to get a nice long piece and then cut it in strips.

Then tie it to a rubber band, or hair ponytail before you tie the bow:

Now you can use a clothes pin to attach it to the person wearing it.

For the ears I used black felt and hot glued them to alligator clips.  

The white paws are from the dollar store a few years back, but you could whip some up out of white and black felt.


Stay tuned for some fun {little} games to use this Dr. Seuss dress up costume with!

Pin It 

1 comment:

Eric VanRaepenbusch said...

The Cat in the Hat costume is very cute!! If you are interested, I would love to have you share this post on my blog, Happy Birthday Author. I think my readers would love to see it and it would be perfect for a Dr. Seuss birthday celebration!

http://www.happybirthdayauthor.com/2012/02/happy-birthday-dr-seuss-march-2.html

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs Add to Technorati Favorites Share/Save/Bookmark