Patriotic Project

I needed to create something fun to display for the 4th of July but with {This Little Project} I challenged myself to:
-use only supplies I had on hand
-make it meaningful; nothing just "crafty"-if you know what I mean.

{This Little Project} is what I came up with:
What you see is the patent for the the statue of liberty
and the original drawing that went with it.

It's got history, a meaningful decoration for the 4th, and it was free to create!

Want to make one too?

Here's how to make {This Little Project}:

Print both onto brown paper and trim to the size you would like. Here is the link for them (courtesy of Meggiecat.)

Initially I wanted to put them onto wood blocks that would stand up. The problem was that I didn't have any on hand that were the right size. Since I challenged myself to use only what I have on hand, I trimmed some heavy chipboard to the same size and mounted each to that. It worked out great.

The final step is to distress the edges with ink. I used a dark brown ink pad that I already had. Luckily it doesn't have to look "perfect." This is my first time trying it (as you might be able to tell!) But it gives it the "historically aged" look that you want for {This Little Project}.

The chipboard is nice and sturdy and stands just fine. The other great thing about {This Little Project} is that it only took 10 minutes to complete!

Since we just finished painting this room after moving in, it's my first chance to put something fun on the mantel :)
Have a Happy 4th of July!!!


Here's another fun freebie for the 4th that's perfect for cupcakes! Find it HERE

enjoy!

2 comments:

marie said...

what a great project. thanks for sharing.
marie

Company EIGHT said...

They are darling--great idea!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs Add to Technorati Favorites Share/Save/Bookmark